Nothing can be compared to spending a few weeks in overnight camp. What makes overnight camp so different is the fact that it is set up for spectacular adventures. The best thing you can do as a parent is to send your daughter to a sleep-away camp. Not only will she have tons of fun in the companionship of other young women, but also she will get a taste of independence. The question is however, how do you prepare your little girl for the big sleep? In addition to starting packing, you need to go through important overnight camps for girls rules. If you don’t know yourself what these rules are, you need to read the following.
Rules typical of overnight camp programs
If you are genuinely interested in offering your daughter the opportunity to experience overnight camp, you have to prepare your little traveler ahead of time. All members are required to create a respectful living experience, which is the reason why you need to go through these common rules:
- Overnight camps ask that attendants do not bring cell phones on the property. Virtually all emergency calls are made from the device located in the director’s office. Unquestionably, there are times when the parents will be called and when they themselves should give a ring. Parents have the liberty to call the camp to find out how their daughters are doing.
- No one is permitted in the halls of residence except the campers. Only authorized personnel and campers can inhabit the property.
- Programs have very strict rules concerning bullying. Aggressive behaviour is unacceptable and if it becomes constant, the camper will be asked to leave. Before sending her away from home, discuss with your daughter about what is acceptable and remind her that she and the others are supervised.
- Food brought on the property is eliminated. Virtually all overnight camps prevent attendants from bringing outside food. Food such as appetizers and sugary drinks are disposed of.
- Staff must be treated with dignity and respect. No matter their appearance or behaviour, all counsellors must be treated respectfully.
Find out more about overnight camp policies
The rules enumerated before are of a general nature and it is thus important to get in touch with the facility and learn more about their policies. When talking with the director you should ask as many questions as you can about rules and regulations. The very best parents are informed ones and it is important to keep in mind that the principles of behaviour apply to everyone.
Why are the rules so important?
Until this point it is clear that girls who go to overnight camps are required to comply with the principles of behaviour. However, it may not be obvious why they have to be respected. The answer is quite simple in fact. The rules are specifically designed to ensure that your child is safe and secure at all times. As a matter of fact, outdoor activities cannot be organized without rules. The bottom line is that they are important.
More Sports Rules